A view of Porthmadog through a gap in the woodland .
Below is Boston Lodge the main Ffestiniog Railway Works (the oldest in the world).
Named 'Boston Lodge' after Boston, Lincolnshire, the parliamentary seat of William Madocks,
the proprietor of the land reclamation venture that built The Cob.
The embankment (The Cob) carries the Railway (1836) , Road , and two footpaths.
The Sea and Salt Marsh on the left is overlooked by Moel-y-gest (262m)
Traeth Mawr , a brackish marsh on the right is an area of land reclaimed by The Cob from the tidal estuary.
Ref: NW 1179
Location: SH 5833 3789