When the path crosses the railway again take the path opposite and after a short distance find this structure.
The remains of a chambered long cairn, dating to early Neolithic (4,200BC - 3,000BC).
A small chamber 1.5m X 0.6m formed by five upright stones, two are complete with cup-marks.
The large capstone now rests with its northern edge on the ground , the remains of a kerb to the south.
Ref: NW 1050.1
Location: SH 5111 3822