A slight diversion from the Coast Path to the Road to Portmeirion Village.
Castell Deudraeth was enlarged and Castellated
by David Williams ( Liberal MP for Merioneth ) in the 1840/50's.
Sir Clough Williams-Ellis bought the house and its parkland.
The Portmeirion Foundation (2001) restored and opened the house as a 4 star Hotel and restaurant.
Ref: NW 314
Location: SH 5940 3761